Salt River Electric Cooperative has an opportunity for a motivated individual for a career as Staff Accountant. This position will be responsible for all accounting department operations. Duties include, but not limited to; recording and maintaining financial information in accordance with RUS, state, and federal guidelines, assist in developing and preparing annual financial budget, calculating and posting journal entries, reconciling bank accounts, initiating wire transfers for payment of debt obligations and power bills, and preparing reliable and accurate monthly financial statements and related documents. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the CFO.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. Must be able to apply accounting principles. Must be able to organize work and set priorities. Must be proficient with various business software programs, including Excel. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be skilled in working on matters requiring a high degree of confidentiality. It is expected that an opportunity for advancement will be available for the proper candidate.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of the cooperative.
Salt River Electric reserves the right to revise or change the description and specifications as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Applications may be completed at any of our offices in Nelson, Bullitt, Spencer and Washington Counties, Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM or applications can be printed from www.srelectric.com web site. Applications and summary of qualifications must be mailed to Manager of Human Resources, Salt River Electric, PO Box 609, Bardstown, KY 40004 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 24, 2021. EOE M/F/Vet/Disability
Salt River Electric Cooperative, headquartered in Bardstown, Kentucky, is seeking to hire multiple positions beginning as apprentice groundmen/groundmen with rapid advancement to linemen. Experienced linemen are encouraged to apply.
Construct, maintain, and repair Salt River’s electric distribution system under the direction of lead linemen and Salt River Electric management.
Salt River Electric is a member owned electric distribution cooperative with over 52,000 meters and 3,500 miles of overhead and 784 miles of underground distribution lines. Salt River Electric primarily provides electric service to Bullitt, Nelson, Spencer and Washington counties.
Education and Training
• Successful candidates must complete “TVPPA Lineman Apprenticeship Program”
• Previous line worker experience and/or “Utility Pole Climber” certificate is preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Abilities and Skills:
• Climbing utility poles and/or standing in a hydraulic bucket to work at heights installing transformers and other hardware on lines, often working in awkward positions.
• Must be able to learn to operate assigned equipment including, but not limited to, bucket trucks, digger derrick, track machines, wire tensioner, winches, drills and compression tools.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain a harmonious relationship with all cooperative personnel and members.
• Must possess oral and written communications skills.
• Must learn to utilize computer terminals and I-Pads.
• Must be able to learn computer software programs as they come into use for daily work.
• Must possess a valid Kentucky driver’s license and be insurable with the Cooperative’s auto insurance carrier.
• Must hold or obtain a Class “A” Interstate CDL.
• Frequently moves and/or carries materials and equipment weighing up to fifty pounds. Occasionally moves and/or carries items that weigh up to 100 pounds.
• Shovels dirt, works around noisy equipment and visually inspects work for safe conditions
• Must have a strong commitment to safety.
• Must develop an extensive knowledge of RUS overhead and underground construction specifications and standards
• Must develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Salt River Electric’s APPA safety manual and have a willingness to comply with all safety rules.
• Activities are performed on energized lines and de-energized lines.
• Irregular hours are expected, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Overtime is required.
• Must be able to work standby and during emergencies.
• Must be able to work under adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold, high winds, or stormy conditions.
• This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
• To ensure that all employees are drug and alcohol free, pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable cause and random drug and alcohol tests are conducted.
• Successfully applicants will be required to reside within the county (Bullitt or Nelson) of their primary work location.
Applications may be completed at any of our offices in Nelson, Bullitt, Spencer and Washington Counties, Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM or applications can be printed from www.srelectric.com web site. Applications and summary of qualifications must be mailed to Manager of Human Resources, Salt River Electric, PO Box 609, Bardstown, KY 40004 or via e-mail to email@example.com by October 1, 2021. EOE M/F/Vet/Disability.